• 250 grams of room temperature butter.
• 1 cup of sugar.
• 1 egg.
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
• 2 ½ cups of flour.
• 1 cup of good quality cocoa.
• ½ teaspoon of ginger powder.
• Dried plums
• A pinch of salt.
• Beat the sugar and the butter until a uniform paste is obtained.
• Add the vanilla and the egg and beat it enough to mix it in.
• Sift some small pieces of dried prunes and add them to the mix in small amounts by hand.
• Store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
• Divide the dough into halves. Sprinkle flour on one of the halves and place in plastic film. With a rolling pin, flatten dough to a thickness of ½ centimeter.
• Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Place the cookies on a silicon baking mat and place it in the refrigerator for half an hour. This will help avoid deformation of the cookies when you bake them.
• Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges start to turn brown.
• Let cool.
• For the icing, mix one egg white and confectioner’s sugar until a creamy, cream-colored mix is obtained. Decorate the cookies creatively.